Tuesday, July 29, 2008

um, yeah

So I'm a little behind on posting, no one is reading this anyway, so no big deal!

The last time I posted was after my first 5 mile run. Since then I've run two 3.5 mile runs and another 5 miler. Woo-hoo!!!! I did my first 3.5 mile run on Tuesday as scheduled, but then didn't get to run my next one until Friday. I was supposed to run it on Thursday night, but I went to a 311 concert on Wednesday and well, let's just say I was still recovering from it on Thursday night. 311 is OLD and so I am - I needed a nap. That's probably going to be the story again tomorrow because I'm going to a Counting Crows concert tonight.

I did make up my second 3.5 miler on Friday evening. D wanted to play disc golf, so I went to a local park with him and ran while he played. It was nice to run somewhere different, although there was no specific loop to follow. I ran along sidewalks, in parking lots, along a gravel road, through the woods, and around a baseball field. That made it interesting. Of course, the most interesting (and scary) thing I saw was a drug deal in the parking lot right as we were leaving. I don't think I'll be visting that park again soon, which sucks. It makes me mad that people do that sort of thing in what should be a safe place for kids, runners, dogs, etc.

To make up for that lost running spot, I found an open track at a local high school! Yay! I have been looking for a track to run on occasionally, but all the ones I've seen are gated and locked. This one is not too far from my house and it is definitely open to the public. Now I just have to talk D into going up there with me and staying to make sure I don't get kidnapped.

No comments: