Tuesday, September 2, 2008

new beginnings

Um, yeah, so anyway, where have you been? I mean, I've been posting for the last month, but no one has been reading so I guess the posts like disappeared or something?

OK, I give, I've been a slacker once again. When I first started reading blogs I always got so irritated when bloggers did not update in a timely fashion. So, of course, when I started blogging I thought I would *never* be that way. Life lesson - things don't always go as planned. Let's just chalk it up to summer vacation. Today is the day after Labor Day and while the official start of autumn is a few weeks off, it might as well be today.

If you've ever been a kid in school (which I assume most of you have been) you probably equate this time of year to new beginnings. New school year, fresh start, yadda, yadda. While my I'm not starting a new running plan, I am going to try to start over with this (and possibly my other) blogs. Even though I haven't been blogging, I have been running and I'm still planning on being ready for my 1/2 marathon in November. I ran the Nike+ Human Race 10K on Sunday and I am running a 5K in October. It's a point-to-point so I'm planning on running it back and forth as either a 10K or a 15K. I'll be on vacation during that run, so I'll make that call that day. I remember being so irritated last year with the people who were running it as a 10K - I thought they were just showing off as I could barely run 5K at that point. I guess this year I'll be one of them.

I had a good run tonight - finally! The weather is starting to cool off at night which is good for running, but makes me sad to see summer ending. Another sign of the summer ending is that the sun is setting earlier and earlier. Sigh. That is making it harder and harder to stay up later, so g'night!

No comments: