Thursday, June 26, 2008

i did it!!

I made it through my 3 mile run on my third day of running in a row! Woot-woot! I really went back and forth about whether or not I would run today all day long. Especially after I spent 4 hours shopping (for work, people!) in almost 100 degree weather. I was hot, tired, and my knee hurt after all of that walking around. I had a couple of reasons for going ahead with my run for today. One was that I didn't want to run on Friday night so I wanted to get it out of the way tonight. Another was that I just really wanted to see if I could do it. I am learning that running is not a totally physical activity. So much of it is in your mind and how far you believe that you can push yourself. It's really pretty cool actually.

Physically tonight I felt really good. I didn't go out until almost 8:30 just because it was so hot. Luckily there was a slight breeze blowing which was a treat! My strides felt really "bouncy" tonight -like it took less energy to pick my feet up than usual. I was a bit slower than the past couple of days much I am going to chalk that up to it being my 3rd day of running in a row and that I didn't have a chance to eat lunch today. My knees are feeling good, but the blisters on my big toes are ridiculous. If anyone has any suggestions on what to do about them, let me know. I did break down and take some ibuprofen after my run tonight. My bad (aka right) hip was giving me some trouble this morning and right now what I believe is my sciatic nerve running down my left side is not feeling too great. I really am going to look for a doctor. I don't want to do anything to treat my various aches and pains and make them worse. I bought a knee brace today but I am hesitant to use it in case it is the wrong course of treatment.

I have 2 days of rest ahead of me until my 4 mile run (first ever) on Sunday. I think I'm going to get started on that now. Goodnight :-)

p.s. i ran in just my sports bra and shorts tonight - luckily no catcalls this time around!

1 comment:

Faith Grows Daily said...

I am so proud of you! And I love your writing style on your blog. Even a non-runner would be entertained!
Please see a sports med doc!

Love ya and See ya soon!

My word to type in is rofso and it reminded me of Rolfy (sp?)