Wednesday, August 6, 2008

well, crap

I found out that some people are actually reading my blog, so I *might* start making an effort to update it in a timely fashion ;-)

So where did I last leave off? Oh yes, I had run two 3.5 mile runs and one 5 mile run. Well just go back and read that entry because that's pretty much the same point that I am at now. I have decided that I am no longer running on Sunday nights because, well, at that time of night on Sunday I'm already drinking. Just kidding. Um, sort of. Seriously, I'm just not feeling the Sunday night runs. I usually spend all weekend running around, doing transports, taking care of my dogs and horses, cleaning the house, etc. By the time Sunday night rolls around, I am tired y'all!

For right now it is working out much better to do my long runs on Monday nights and then following up with my shorter runs on Wednesdays and Fridays usually. This week I'm planning on increasing my short runs to 4 miles each and my long run to 6 miles. I'm feeling good about being able to complete the distances, but I'm still feeling crappy about my pace. I was ready to quit last week when I continued to get slower with each run. I'm going to stick with it though and just hope that my slow pace is a result of a) increasing my distances, b) the heat & humidity, or c) my nike+ipod being a bastard.

No comments: